Erico is Looking for a Service Writer to join our Team
Work with customers to schedule service work and communicate any additional service needed, also handle the administrative and customer relations aspects of service department operations. Must possess strong communication skills to deal with customers, employees and vendors. Interpret customer concerns and comments for the technician, so that the technician will diagnose problems correctly, and then translate the technician’s findings, which may be very complex, into language the customer will understand.
- Handle incoming service calls and greet customers within 30 seconds.
- Function as a contact person for customers to expedite vehicle needs.
- Set appointments for maintenance and call those appointments with a reminder 48 hours beforehand, offering a pick-up option if necessary and a loaner when appropriate.
- Listen to requests of the service desired and clearly explain information on the repair order.
- Motorcycle Inspection Checklist must be completed upon drop-off for every unit during walk-around to help determine service needs and prior damage.
- Advise customer of vehicle needs and beneficial accessories and services. Review service history and manufacturer history.
- Estimate the cost and time needed to do the repair, taking into account the customer’s schedule. Make suggestions for accessories and parts based on your assessment of the customer’s riding needs. A customer signature is required on each and every RO.
- Communicate vehicle needs to responsible parties to reach resolution.
- Call customer with an update when the unit has first been seen by a tech, mentioning important maintenance enhancements and areas of concern. Keep customer informed of vehicle status for same day and short term service and every 24 hours for long term service and ensure promised completion time is met. Customers should know the status of their unit before having to call you.
- Periodically checking on the progress of the vehicle during servicing and contacting the customer when technicians discover additional problems. Getting customer approval to do additional work and explaining the work performed and the charges being billed.
- Review all work performed with customer and ensure all paperwork is complete and accurate. Customer signature is required on all completed invoices.
- Answer and follow-up with any customer related questions or comments.
- Handling customer complaints and maintaining high customer satisfaction standards.
- Any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Service Manager.
Apply for this position by emailing your resume to Info@Ericomotorsports.com